It’s probably the thing you hear parents say most, but man time really does fly and the really do grow up so fast. It feels weird to think that 3 months ago I was a huge pregnant person with no baby in my life, and now everything is about this little man.
At three months I think we’re doing pretty well:
- Little Moore had his tongue tie cut and is feeding better – it was a pretty horrible thing to watch as he screamed and was upset for days after, but I know it’s done us both good in the long run.
- He can now hold some toys and has a few favourites that he enjoys putting in his mouth.
- We’ve moved into our 3-6 month clothes and put away the Newborn/0-3 months. There was still room a bit in the 0-3 but I thought it was time to move on. I felt a bit sad about never seeing him in the old clothes again, but we’re saving them for the next one 😉
- He’s a bit sporadic with naps but on a good day he’ll have a long morning and afternoon nap in his Moses basket, and usually one when we go out for a walk in the pram.
- He still feeds pretty frequently during the day (around 15 times) but he goes longer stretches at night now (thank God!) Usually he’ll have a few hours before we go to bed, a dream feed and then he’ll go 5-6 hours before the next one. After that it’s still every couple of hours but that long stretch is heaven to me now!
- He loves to chat and normally wakes me up because he’s gurgling to himself. He’ll hold conversations with me and his dad with lots of loud excited noises and thrashing arms and legs.
- He doesn’t mind tummy time so much now and can hold his head up for a few minutes at a time. He doesn’t always though – I think he’s a bit lazy!
It’s crazy to think how much life has changed in the last few months. I’m trying to savour and enjoy every moment because before I know it he’ll be running circles around me!