The other day I was sent a book that was the third in the series, and while I haven’t read the other two, I thought I’d read it straight away anyway. I’d never have done that before I was a book blogger, and it got me thinking about things I do since blogging that I wouldn’t have before.
- Reading a book without reading the ones before it – past me wouldn’t have even considered doing that, but now if I have a limited time I’m happy to dive right in.
- Similarly, if a new book in a series comes out, I used to have to read all the previous ones first to get myself back into it. These days there’s so many books and so little time, I just have to trust my memories!
- I didn’t read this much until I started blogging. Well, maybe when I was a teen and younger, but during uni I didn’t find the time or the will really. I’m so glad blogging has made me fall back in love with reading.
- I also didn’t give up on books until recently. I also struggled through a book I wasn’t enjoying, mostly because I didn’t even think about not finishing them. I hate not knowing what happens! But these days I figure I have too many books and too little time to read to bother trying to enjoy something I’m not.
- Even when I was reading lots, I was never this up to date with new releases, new authors and general bookish news. I love that blogging has got me discovering new books and not rereading the same old favourites like I used to!
- I’ve always been a bit of a book hoarder, and it’s only the last few months that I’ve decided to get more ruthless with what I keep. The tottering piles of books were starting to get dangerous now Little Moore is crawling!
- I didn’t use Twitter before I blogging, and I’m so glad I started. It’s opened up this whole new world of people to talk to, the UKYA community and fellow book lovers and book bloggers.
Have you noticed any new bookish habits since you started blogging?