Book Review: Ms Marvel, Vol 2, Generation Why (G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona and Jacob Wyatt)
Release Date: April 7th 201
Who is the Inventor, and what does he want with the all-new Ms. Marvel and all her friends? Maybe Wolverine can help! If Kamala can stop fan-girling out about meeting her favorite super hero, that is. Then, Kamala crosses paths with Inhumanity — by meeting the royal dog, Lockjaw! But why is Lockjaw really with Kamala? As Ms. Marvel discovers more about her past, the Inventor continues to threaten her future. Kamala bands together with some unlikely heroes to stop the maniacal villain before he does real damage, but has she taken on more than she can handle? And how much longer can Ms. Marvel’s life take over Kamala Khan’s? Kamala Khan continues to prove why she’s the best (and most adorable) new super hero there is!
I just love new Ms Marvel.
But I don’t love reviewing graphic novels – as I’ve said before, it’s like reviewing chapters of a book – so I’m just going to do a quickie of how awesome this second volume is.
- Kamala is in it and she’s just as amazing as ever. She’s funny and nerdy and passionate and just the best
- Wolverine is also in it. I felt so happy for her to meet him!
- Lockjaw! I mean, enough said really. He’s so huge and cute and awesome
- There were some interesting plot developments that I didn’t see coming
- The general message was a really good, although it did get a bit heavy handed with the speeches and things towards the end
This was just brilliant and I can’t wait to read more of Kamala’s story.